Software Testing has not remained what it was in the past. It is adopting automation at a rapid pace. Simply knowing manual testing may not be enough to get and keep the job in software testing domain. Job opportunities for test automation are seen increasing. This is very evident from current trends.
Current trends in software testing are as follows:
- Blending of Manual and Automation Testing
- Adoption of Agile and DevOps methodology and tools for faster delivery
- Increasing adoption of Open Source tools for test automation
- More focus on User eXperience, performance, Speed and quality of service.
- Shift from QA to Quality Engineering
- Demand for testing of applications developed using SMAC and IoT technologies
- Due to digitization, Automation would take lead
- Software Tester would become key profile
Want to know more about Software Tester Job opportunities?
About Software Tester
Software Tester is a profile that is getting more popular. Here is a sample job profile. Look at the expectations from the “changed” software test engineer role and the big change is expertise in programming.
Job Title: Software Tester
- Hands-on Experience in Selenium with Java (MUST Have)
- Hands-on Experience in JAVA Scripting (MUST Have)
- Hands-on Experience in Selenium/Protractor (MUST have)
- Experience in HTML, CSS
- Experience in Unit test tools like Jasmine or Karma
- Identify the impact of new functionalities and make automation enhancements
- Develop, Test, and Execute automation scripts
- Troubleshoot automation failures and make code fixes
- In-depth experience in writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database is a plus
- Authorized Training Partner of Microsoft
- Job Placement Support
- Curriculum aligned to global certifications
- Focus on Hands-on
- Start online now and attend same Training [in classroom] post lock-down at [No Extra Cost]
- Learn from experts with more than decades of experience
- Do Labs sitting @ your home
- Interview preparation tips
- FREE Internship to eligible candidates
- 100% coverage [No shortcut] of Global Certification Contents
- 100% Hands-on Lab demonstrations
- Progress check after every module
- Industry Expert sessions on job Interview
- Be a part of our Biggest Job Fest post lock-down
- Unlimited placement calls
Software Testing Course Overview
Build a solid foundation of manual testing and quality assurance techniques and tools
Prepare you with required technical competencies to get a job in this dynamic market and embark on a growing career as Software Tester.
Enable you to assimilate and master latest technologies like advanced test Automation, Mobile Testing, Selenium Web Driver etc. with hands-on project and leapfrog your career
Help you acquire global certification credentials through ISTQB and TOSCA certifications
Who can do this course?
- BE, BTech, MCS, MCM, BCS, BSc, BCA (Candidates appeared for final year can apply).
- Knowledge of ‘C Programming’ with Good Aptitude & Communication skills will be an added advantage.
Software Testing Course Learning Outcome
The course has 14 different modules focusing on developing specific skill.
Module 1: Learning C programming
- Create console-based applications using C language.
- Write modular programs by using functions.
- Use preprocessor directives in a program.
- Use pointers to handle integer arrays.
- Use sorting techniques such as Bubble sort, Insertion sort and Selection sort for sorting arrays.
- Use pointers to handle integer arrays, strings, structures and files.
- Dynamically allocate memory to hold data of different types.
- Process data in files using file I/O functions.
Module 2: Oracle 12C – SQL
- Create tables.
- Use different SQL statements to retrieve and manipulate data.
- Use different types of Built-in Functions.
- Handle data from multiple tables.
- Manipulate data from multiple tables using INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE command.
- Define database objects like index, sequence, views and synonyms.
Module 3: Responsive Web Designing
- Design web pages dynamically and more innovatively.
- Develop websites.
- Create GUI for the applications like Library Management System, Hotel Management System.
Module 4: S/W Testing (Manual Testing)
- Manual Testing concepts and techniques
- Agile Testing concepts and implementation
- Testing types & Test methods
- Non-functional testing types
- Test execution, defect management and test case management
Module 5: Quantitative Aptitude
- Understand the concepts and theory of commonly asked topics in Quantitative Aptitude Tests.
- Master short cut methods of solving a given problem.
- Solve maximum questions in shortest amount of time.
Module 6: Object-oriented Programming using Java
- Create object-oriented programs using Java programming language.
- Create Java classes by extending existing Java classes.
- Use interfaces in Java application.
- Access internal properties of a class using reflection.
- Apply Exception Handling mechanism in Java application.
Module 7: Agile Testing Case Study
- Understand Agile Framework and team structure
- Read SRS and understand application functionalities and user stories
- Identify scenarios & develop Test cases based on the same
- Execution of test cases & Defect reporting
- Post mortem review, BurnDown Chart
Module 8: Test Link
- To create a Test Project
- Privileges associated with various users
- Creation of Test plans & Builds
- Writing Test cases in Test Link & Execution & analysing execution reports
Module 9: Bugzilla
- Create an account in Bugzilla
- File a bug
- Searching defects
- Defect life cycle, communication between development team & testing team
Module 10: Test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Create scripts using Record and Playback feature of Selenium
- How selenium identifies an Object
- Apply Checkpoints
- Enhance your test scripts
- Use WebDriver for automation
- Use TestNG Framework
Module 11: Tricentis – TOSCA AS 1 Certification Preparation
- Certified as a Tricentis Automation Specialist Level 1
- Able to implement skills viz. control recognition, additional steering options, dealing with asynchronous tests and creation of recovery scenarios, etc.
Module 12: ISTQB Preparation
- Use and apply ISTQB specific terminologies and techniques
- List and explain test design techniques, test lifecycle
- List and explain test management lifecycle including risk analysis
- Describe different types of tools used in testing
Module 13: Real-Time Project
- Understanding documentation of system under test
- Creation of test scenarios, test cases and their execution
- Defect Management and Reporting
- Creating automation Scripts
- Execution and debugging of automation scripts
Module 14: Employability Lab +
- Multiple Evaluations and performance Tracking
- Personal coaching and mentoring
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews and Practice Tests
- Personality Development and Grooming
Software Testing Certifications
There are many international certifications available in software testing. The leading certifications are of two types: software testing process Certifications (vendor agnostic) and Automation tool Certifications(Vendor specific).
In this certification, there are various levels starting from foundation to expert. The Foundation Level is first step towards becoming International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) Certified Tester. This certification is relevant across various practices, even for Waterfall or Agile.
ISTQB® Foundation Level qualification is about demonstrating practical knowledge about software testing concepts. It is also useful for higher level mangers for basic understanding of software testing discipline.
|ISTQB Foundation Level||https://www.istqb.org/certification-path-root/foundation-level-2018.html|
|ISTQB foundation: Agile Tester Extension||https://www.istqb.org/certification-path-root/agile-tester-extension/agile-tester-extension-in-a-nutshell.html|
Automation Specialist Level 1 (AS1)
The Automation Specialist Level 1 course is your first step to becoming specialized in automation with TricentisTosca. You will learn HTML control recognition, design automated test cases, automation features, and final execution.
Automation Specialist Level 2 (AS2)
The Automation Specialist Level 2 course is your second step to becoming specialized in automation with Tricentis Tosca. With this training you will master the essential Tricentis Tosca skills needed to become a specialist in XML and Web Services test automation (API testing). You will learn how to build up efficient test cases using test case templates.
|Automation Specialist Level 1||https://www.tricentis.com/academy/courses/automation-specialist-level-1/|
|Automation Specialist Level 2||https://www.tricentis.com/academy/courses/automation-specialist-level-2/|
Software Testing Job Placements
On popular job sites, search for ‘Software Tester’ as role and you will find jobs count around 8-10 thousand.
Now just change the search to “Automation Tester” and Voila! List shows 3 times more openings.
Automation is taking every job in its stride. Hence Master Automation or forgo the job is the harsh reality everyone is experiencing be it a fresher or an experienced professional.
Software Testing FAQs
[ultimate-faqs include_category=’sdet-testing’ ]